NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Saturday, October 8, 2016

BA-LE - VIETNAMESE PHO

BALE SANDWICH
1620 N. SCHOOL STREET
HONOLULU, HI  96817
808-842-0013

I love Bale Sandwich and especially their version of the Vietnamese Noodle Soup called Pho.  This is one of my favorite meals for lunch at the office.  Something about having this soup that relaxes me.  Love the flavor of the clear broth which is fresh marrow boned and brisket flanks that are simmered overnight with fresh herbs.  Served with Bean Sprouts, Fresh Basil, JalapeƱos and Noodles.  I always get the Rare Steak with Brisket and add a ton of Sriracha Sauce.  I love Pho but most recipes and restaurants use a lot of MSG in their broth.  A restaurant owner told me that it would not taste good without the MSG.  This meal is around $9.

BA-LE VIETNAMESE PHO

VIETNAMESE PHO TAKE OUT
ADD THE RARE STEAK TO THE BROTH SO IT CAN COOK.  THE BRISKET IS ALREADY IN THE BROTH.  I THROW IN ALL OF THE JALAPENOS TOO
ADD THE NOODLES AND A BUNCH OF BASIL
KICK UP THE FLAVOR AND HEAT WITH SRIRACHA SAUCE
NICE PIECES OF BRISKET ON THE BOTTOM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback