NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

DYER'S BURGERS - MEMPHIS, TN

DYER'S BURGER
MEMPHIS, TN

WATCH THE VIDEO

I had watched the best burger and best grease places on the Travel Channel. One restaurant made both lists. Dyer's Burger in Memphis, TN. My trip to Memphis had to include a stop at this burger legend. Located on Beale Street, Dyer's is one of many restaurants dotting the beer friendly street which is kind of like Bourbon Street in New Orleans. There were drunks on the street at noon here so I can't imagine what it is like at night. I am not going back to Beale Street. The big thing about Dyer's burger is that legend has it that they have been using the same grease to "fry" the burgers in since 1912. That's right, "fry" the burgers. The dip them in this pan of grease and let them sit. Watch the video and you can see the grease drip off the burger right before the cook places the patty on a bun. I call the burger Gus in the video and don't know why. It is a Dyer's burger. Not a Gus Burger. I ordered up a single burger with cheese ($3.99). The burger arrived dressed with pickles, onion and black pepper. Not much meat on the thing and not the greatest taste ever. You could however feel the grease on your fingers as you at the burger. Not satisfied, I requested another burger with the famous Dyer's chili. I was surprised when the burger arrived because the chile was almost no existent. While good and better than the plain burger I wish there was more chili. This was a place to get off my list of food places to visit. Did it and don't need to go back. Esquire Magazine listed Dyer's as one of the top 60 things worth doing to shorten your life. Playboy online recently rated Dyer's as the #3 best burger in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback