NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

MEMPHIS STORM - PART 1

MEMPHIS STORM - PART 1
SATURDAY, MAY 1, 2010

WATCH THE VIDEO

Started my day in Memphis with an uncalled for wake up from the emergency sirens at 4:00 am.
I called the front desk to inquire what the sirens were for. They informed me that a tornado was approaching. This was a warning and they would monitor the situation and call back later. I woke up and took a shower just in case we needed to go to a shelter. The phone rang and I was told that the basement was ready to take guests if we wanted to go there. I stayed in my room and tried to sleep. Not possible with the huge bolts of lightening and booming thunder. I have never seen or heard anything like this. It was like we were being bombed. The rain just got thicker, louder and harder as the hours passed. When morning light came things calmed down and I was free to venture into the city to hit all my food and culture hot spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback