NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

BISTRO CASANOVA - KAHULUI, MAUI

BISTRO CASAVOVA
KAHULUI, MAUI, HI


While in Maui on business, my customer recommended we dine at Bistro Casanova in Kahului because it was just minutes from the airport. This was a great recommendation. Bistro Casanova serves Italian dishes, steaks, tapas and some seafood. I ordered the Caesar Salad ($7) and was amazed when it was brought to the table. The portion was enough for two people. I actually gave half to my guest. The crunchy romaine coupled with a not too heavy dressing and large fresh anchovies made this a really good salad. I enjoyed the Tagliatelle Alla Bolognese ($14) for my entree. Again a huge portion was delivered to my table. This dish features fresh large noodles with homemade meat sauce and three delicious meat balls. I loved the dish. Meaty sauce plus the meatballs that were moist and flavorful. My guests enjoyed the Bouillabaisse ($26). This is a rich seafood and saffron soup with fresh fish, mussels, clams, shrimp, calamari, scallops, potatoes, tomatoes and zucchini served with two garlic crostini. Looked good and there was nothing left on the plate so must have been good. Our other guest enjoyed the Fresh Catch of the day. Fresh Mahi Mahi served over a bed of spinach and some other stuff. He loved it. I am looking forward to returning to Bistro Casanova on Maui. I would order the Tagliatelle Alla Bolognese in a heart beat.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback