NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Friday, April 15, 2011

BUZZ'S WHARF - MAUI

VIEW FROM THE ENTRANCE
BUZZ'S WHARF RESTAURANT
MA'ALAEA HARBOR, MAUI


Going to Maui on business once every month or so  is not bad work.  I always drive around and realize how lucky I am to live in Hawaii and marvel at Maui's natural beauty.  My favorite spots are Kapalua and Wailea.  This trip, one of my customers invited me (and paid) for lunch on Ma'alaea Harbor.  Ma'alaea is located in the middle of the Island between Lahaina and Wailea.  A perfect spot perched overlooking the small harbor.  Buzz's is around 42 years old.  It feels a bit dated inside, but the staff is courteous and seem to really care about your experience here.  We enjoyed a huge bowl of clam chowder.  This is real thick chowder filled with clams and a lot of potatoes.  The Seared Ahi Sashimi was AWESOME.  Lightly tossed in cajun spices and seared quickly to just cook the edges.  Inside the Ahi is red, raw and delicious.  Served with soy, wasabi and a bit of honey I think.  The Steamed Clams were small but they gave us a large bucket of them for around $18.  Served with bread for dipping in the sauce.  I like Buzz's for lunch on Maui.

CLAM CHOWDER
SEARED FRESH AHI SASHIMI
STEAMED CLAMS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback