NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Saturday, August 27, 2011

BEACH BUMS BAR AND GRILL

LOCATED ON THE HARBOR BELOW MAUI OCEAN CENTER
BEACH BUMS
BAR AND GRILL
MA'ALAEA HARBOR
MAUI, HAWAII 


It's true when they say ask the locals where they eat when visiting a city.  On Maui, some locals that I know love to eat at Beach Bums once a week.  Beach Bums is located directly below the Maui Ocean Center.  In fact, you can park in the Maui Ocean Center parking lot for free and walk down some steps to Ma'alaea Harbor where Beach Bums sits overlooking the harbor.  I was immediately hit with the smell of a smoker when we entered.  Smelled like the Pit BBQ restaurants I have visited on the Mainland.  The smell was delicious.  Since there are absolutely no good BBQ restaurants in Hawaii that I know of, I was captivated by the menu and smell.  While the menu features half pound burgers, fresh fish, salads and a host of other dishes, I just had to try the BBQ.  They serve BBQ Ribs, Brisket, Pulled Pork, Prime Rib and even BBQ Spam.  Our waitress was a true professional.  Took the drink order, brought the drinks and then got right into the menu and took our orders.  I went for the Chopped Brisket Sandwich ($11.95).  The presentation was great.  A huge portion of BBQ Brisket served on a fresh bun with red onion and pickles.  The Cole Slaw side overflowed into a smaller cup.  I immediately tried the Brisket.  Wow.......the bomb.  Absolutely the best Brisket I have had in Hawaii.  Big smokey flavor in a lightly sweet and tangy sauce.  I put the pickles and onion on the sandwich and tried to eat it normally.  This is tough because the Brisket overflows the bun.  When you get a bite of the bun, brisket, onion and pickles all at once it is heaven.  I was making a mess trying to eat this dish as a sandwich so I went to the fork and knife.  Still delicious.  I also liked the Cole Slaw.  Not over soaked in Mayo.  This is really good BBQ.  Really the best I have had in Hawaii.  The waitress told me they are serious about smoking their meats and have the largest smoker in Hawaii.  Several of my guests ordered the Half Pound Cheeseburger ($11).  This is a huge fresh beef burger served with a mound of crispy thin French Fries.  This was a big hit.  Another guest enjoyed a Grilled Mahi Sandwich ($10.95) and loved it.  Another guest had the Fish Tacos ($13.95) and loved them to.  I really like the food and service at Beach Bums on Maui.  Really want to jump on a plane and take my family over there this weekend.  With Hawaiian Air charging over $250 round trip per person to go from Oahu to Maui, that will not be happening soon.

CASUAL INDOOR/OUTDOOR SEATING WITH NO A/C
HAWAII'S BEST CHOPPED BRISKET BBQ SANDWICH
HALF POUND FRESH GROUND BEEF BURGERS ARE GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback