NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Friday, January 18, 2013

GIOVANNI RANA BUTTERNUT SQUASH RAVIOLI

 GIOVANNI RANA BUTTERNUT SQUASH RAVIOLI
FROM COSTCO

This is hands down one of the best pasta dishes you can buy in a store.  Our entire family and guests were amazed how good these little pillows of squash taste.  The pasta cooked up perfectly and the butternut squash filling was sweet and delicious.  I cooked the pasta for three minutes and then added the ravioli to a butter and sage sauce.  Topped with Parmesan Cheese and that was it.  Fantastic!  You can serve a small portion as an appetizer as we did one night, or serve as main dish.  This Ravioli is as good or better than anything I have ever had at an Italian restaurant. 





SERVED WITH BUTTER, SAGE AND PARMESAN CHEESE WITH SMALL SALAD ON THE SIDE

6 comments:

  1. Tried to find it at Costco but not on shelves. I wonder if it's a specialty item that is carried only occasionally?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they stopped carrying it. It is pretty amazing stuff. It looks like Von's has it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a seasonal item. Look for it in fridge case NOW (I picked up a 2 pm in San Diego yesterday.) and I agree, it's delicious w a brown butter sage ( I'm actually trying it w a bit of fried fresh Rosemary tonight just bc i happen to have a plant on my windowsill).
    I garnish w walnuts, toasted in the brown butter: YUM!
    -charvana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Costco has stoopped carring this ravioli. Any idea where it can be purchased? In Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Picked this delicious 2 pack at Costco yesterday, 1/10/2016 - Anchorage, AK

    ReplyDelete
  6. I purchased this at Costco today but not sure how to serve it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments and feedback