NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, September 29, 2013

HUEVOS RANCHEROS - BREAKFAST AT HOME

HUEVOS RANCHEROS 
BREAKFAST AT HOME

I can eat good Mexican food any time of the day or night.  When I opened the refrigerator one morning and saw fresh salsa leftover from tacos the night before.  Next to the salsa lay some corn tortillas and on the side were eggs.  Huevos Rancheros came to my mind in an instant.  I checked the pantry and found a 15 ounce can of Black Beans (Frijoles Negros).  Rinsed the beans and added them to a pan heating on the stove.  Added 1/2 cup of warm water to the beans and heated.  As the beans heated I crushed them using a wooden spoon and added a few pinches of salt.  I cooked an egg sunny side up and then heated a small corn tortilla in just a bit of oil.  Everything came together in just a few minutes.  Placed the tortilla on the plate then covered the tortilla with the beans and topped with egg, fresh salsa and some jalapeno for kick.  This was a very simple and delicious breakfast.  

HUEVOS RANCHEROS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback