NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

THE PLANTATION HOUSE RESTAURANT - KAPALUA, MAUI (DINNER)

THE PLANTATION HOUSE
PLANTATION GOLF COURSE
2000 PLANTATION CLUB DRIVE
LAHAINA, HI 96761
808-669-6299
HOURS:  8:00 AM - 10:00 PM

I love The Plantation House Restaurant in Kapalua.  The views and relaxed open air atmosphere suits my shorts and golf shirt style.  Too bad on this visit the Chef's Tasting Menu ($105 w/Wine) did not suit my style or taste.  Where do I begin....from the Amuse Bouche to the Summer Fruit and Herb there was not much here that I liked however I did love the Fresh Bread with Honey Salted Butter.  This may have been the best course on the menu.  The Asparagus Vichyssoise was a puddle of Asparagus mush with a Curry Cake.  You cannot call this a Crab Cake when all you can taste is the Curry.  Why would you ruin the flavor of Crab with a bunch of Curry.  If I wanted a Curry Cake I would have ordered a Curry Cake and not the Crab Cake.  The Surfing Goat Cheese Dumpling was a mess on the plate.  Really could not tell what it was but I really liked the flavor.  When the waiter grated Truffles over the Dumplings I was so happy.  Even more happy with the flavors.  The Grilled New York Strip was three small pieces of steak that was not seasoned and tasted bland.  I ate only about one and a half pieces of the steak.  What really made this a bad meal for me was the dessert.  Lemongrass Basil Sorbet with Grape Soup.  Need I say more?  It was uneatable for me.
Did like the wine pairing as it numbed me from the pain of some of these courses.  Also liked the staff and service.

THE PLANTATION HOUSE RESTAURANT

INCREDIBLE VIEW OF HOLE #1 AND KAPALUA
OPEN DINING ROOM
THE PLANTATION HOUSE RESTAURANT DINNER MENU
TASTING MENU WITH WINE PAIRINGS
STARTERS
SALADS AND SOUPS
ENTREE'S AND SIDES
NAPILI POMELO GELEE AMUSE BOUCHE
FRESH BREAD WITH HONEY MUSTARD AND HAWAIIAN SEA SALT IS FANTASTIC
KONA KAMPACHI CEVICHE
ASPARAGUS VICHYSSOISE WITH CURRY CRAB CAKE
SURFING GOAT CHEESE DUMPLING WITH TRUFFLES - THIS WAS REALLY GOOD!
GRILLED NEW YORK STRIP
SUMMER FRUIT AND HERB - GRAPE BERRY SOUP AND LEMONGRASS BASIL SORBET
YUCK...YUCK....AND MORE YUCK........THIS IS NOT A DESSERT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback