NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, February 1, 2015

KENNY'S RESTAURANT

KENNY'S RESTAURANT
HONOLULU, HAWAII

KENNY'S RESTAURANT
1620 NORTH SCHOOL STREET
HONOLULU, HI  96817
808-841-0931
HOURS:  Monday thru Thursday/Sunday 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM
                 Friday and Saturday 6:00 AM - 11:00 PM

We had not been back to Kenny's for a number of years so decided to give it a try while in the neighborhood to visit my daughters classmate.  Kenny's is one of the last standing Old School Hawaii  Diners and they have been around since the 1960's.  I recall my last visit here in 2012 and remember that I was somewhat disappointed with what I had ordered.  We entered the restaurant and were immediately greeted and seated in a small dining room on the right side of the entrance.  We waited a few minutes for our waitress to serve a group next to us and then she came by with the menus.  The menus are huge, heavy, dirty and messy.  Combination of faded photos and text, wrinkled and torn.  After going through the menu I said to myself "wow..this place aint cheap".  My Wife ordered the Oxtail Soup ($15.75) served with tons of ginger and two large scoops of rice.  She liked the flavor.  I tasted the Oxtail and it was moist.  Thought the broth was just ok.   I ordered the Chili with Crackers ($6.59) and added onions ($1.12).  This means my Chili came in at almost eight bucks.  When the small bowl arrived I could not believe it.  Eight bucks for this I thought.  Chili was pretty bland but had a good amount of meat in it.  Needed a whole lot of Tabasco Sauce to add some flavor.    My Daughter ordered a side order of Chicken Long Rice ($2.99).  This tiny little bowl of Chicken Long Rice was actually good but what a small portion.  I am pretty much done with Kenny's.  Just not my style of food.  We saw a lot of Pancakes going out and they were huge.  May stop in for breakfast one day. 

KENNY'S RESTAURANT

KENNY'S RESTAURANT IS LOCATED IN THE KAMEHAMEHA SHOPPING CENTER
OLD SCHOOL DINER WITH BIG SCHOOL PRICES
KENNY'S RESTAURANT MENU
SANDWICHES AND BURGERS
SPECIALS
KENNY'S HAWAIIAN FOOD SPECIALS
KENNY'S ENTREES
ENTREES AND FRESH FISH SELECTIONS
ASIAN ENTREES
DESSERTS
KENNY'S BREAKFAST MENU
MORE BREAKFAST 
KENNY'S OXTAIL SOUP WITH GINGER AND TWO SCOOPS RICE
OXTAIL SOUP
CHICKEN LONG RICE
CHILI WITH ONIONS AND CRACKERS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback