NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Monday, April 5, 2010

SAIGON VIETNAMESE RESTAURANT



RESTAURANT SAIGON VIETNAMESE RESTAURANT
HONOLULU, HI

I love the Vietnamese soup called Pho. We eat it sometimes weekly and have tried dozens of different restaurants who serve this local favorite. About a year ago, I concluded that Restaurant Saigon has the best Pho in Honolulu. My friends agree and so we visit the place all the time. I do not even have to order when I enter this restaurant. The owner knows exactly what I want and how to serve it. After we sit down, in a matter of minutes an order of Spring Rolls comes to the table. Served with crisp Lettuce, picked vegetables, cucumber and noodles. You put everything inside the lettuce pour on some hot sauce and eat them like a burrito. Pure pleasure. The soup is all about the broth. Every broth is different. I like this place because the broth has flavor. I order the rare steak and brisket. The meat is cooked in the broth and covered with noodles, bean sprouts, basil and onions. The owner knows that I do not like a lot of noodles so she places just enough in my bowl every time. This is great service. Pho is served with condiments and various hot sauces to really kick up the taste. The price? I really have not looked at them in ages. Probably around $8 for a huge bowl of Pho and $7 for the Spring Rolls. This is a great lunch downtown Honolulu in Chinatown. Taste of Hawaii Favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback