NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Friday, August 29, 2008

SONNY'S REAL PIT BAR-B-Q


SONNY'S REAL PIT BAR-B-Q

Somewhere between Orlando and Gainesville, FL.

Traveling down the Interstate from Orlando to Gainesville we decided to stop for some BBQ at Sonny's. We had seen Sonny's featured on the Food Network and it looked great. We arrived and were greated with a big hello from the staff. As we were seated, I could not help but notice that most of the patrons were big. I mean 200 pounds plus or more. People were eating like crazy. After looking through the menu I had to make a decision to stay with my diet or bust out and go for the grease and fat. I went with the fat in moderation and ordered the Bar--B-Q Pulled Pork Plate ($9.59). It is served with two side dishes and corn bread or garlic bread. I chose the Corn on the Cob and Cole Slaw sides. My wife and daughter split combination of pork done three ways - Pulled Pork, Sliced Pork and Sonny's slow-smoked Sweet and Smokey Ribs ($11.99 . The Pulled Pork was a little dry as was the Sliced Pork and Ribs. I added alot of BBQ Sauce to the Pulled Pork to give it some flavor. It was just o.k. The ribs were so dry that we didn't eat them. The corn and cole slaw were good. My girls had green beans and macaroni and cheese as side dishes. They were not impressed. While the food here was disappointing, the service was excellent. Judging by the way people were eating around us I am confident that Sonny's does a great job with the BBQ. Perhaps it was our choice of pork. Next time we will try the beef dishes. To stay with my diet, I only ate about 1/3 of the meat on my plate. This was enough for me.

1 comment:

  1. Great info. Lucky me I recently found your website by chance (stumbleupon).
    I've bookmarked it for later!
    My web page storage outdoor sheds

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments and feedback