NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, May 10, 2009

GARDEN RESTAURANT - ART INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO

ART INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO
GARDEN RESTAURANT

Hidden away in the Art Institute of Chicago is a small restaurant and bar called the Garden Restaurant. This bright space looks like it opens up into the garden during warmer weather. I stopped in for a quick lunch and discovered the food was pretty good. After a nice glass of champagne I enjoyed a steak salad with asparagus. Sliced steak over a bed of greens with vegetables. It was very good but somehow I lost the photo. The best thing about this place is that is just seconds away from some of the greatest paintings on earth. My favorites are the French Impressionism paintings. Dozens of paintings from Boudin, Cezanne, Caillebotte, Gauguin, Van Gogh, Manet, Pissarro, Renoir, Seurat, Lautrec and my favorite Claude Monet. They have dozen of Monet's. This is one of my favorite places on earth. I could spend days here. You must visit the Art Institute whenever you visit Chicago. It is an absolute MUST DO.




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback