NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Friday, April 29, 2011

FIVE GUYS BURGER AND FRIES


FIVE GUYS BURGERS AND FRIES
SAN DIEGO, CA 

When I mentioned to my friend from San Diego that I wanted to hit In N' Out Burger while in town, he quickly said that I should try Five Guys instead.  He said that they had great burgers and fries.  I punched Five Guys into the old GPS and bingo there was one just a few minutes away from my hotel.  I had never heard of Five Guys.  When you walk in, there are signs all over the place boasting press clippings that say this is the best burger ever.  Turns out that there are Five Guys all over the country.  News to me.  The Five Guys menu and concept is very similar to In N' Out Burger.  Very limited and a dedication to quality ingredients.  At Five Guys you can order a Hamburger, Cheeseburger or Bacon Cheeseburger.  The toppings are free and include Mayo, Lettuce, Pickles, Tomatoes, Grilled Onions, Grilled Mushrooms, Ketchup and Mustard.  For extras you can get Relish, Onions, Jalapeno Peppers, Green Peppers, A1 Steak Sauce, BBQ Sauce or Hot Sauce.  A Single "Little" Burger is $3.69.  The "Little" Cheeseburger is $4.29.  There are also Hot Dogs and Grilled Cheese and Veggie Sandwiches on the menu.  Fries come standard or Cajun style and run $2.69 for a regular order and $4.99 for a large order.  I tried the "Little" Cheeseburger which is a one patty burger with 550 calories.  They print the calories on the menu.   First thing you notice and Five Guys is that there are bins of salted peanuts at the entrance.  You can scoop up as much as you want for free.  The shells get thrown on the floor.  Free peanuts.  Not a bad start.  My first bite of the burger was incredible.  I tasted the burger, the cheese, the tomato and the onion.  Wow.....after two bites I wish that I could eat two.  It was just that good.  This is an awesome burger.  Better than In N' Out?  Maybe......I need to go back and try another one before I make that call.  The Fries and Five Guys are excellent.  Fresh cut spuds cooked to a nice brown color.  Great with Ketchup.  UPDATE:  I went back and had another one of these bad boys.  This time added relish and jalapenos to my burger.  THE BOMB.  THIS PLACE IS GOOD!!!!
Click link below to view another post on Five Guys Burger;
http://greateatshawaii.blogspot.com/2011/11/five-guys-burger-and-fries-palm-beach.html

FIVE GUYS "LITTLE" CHEESEBURGER

FIVE GUYS IN SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA
ORDER AT THE COUNTER

LARGE DINING ROOM
FREE PEANUTS

JUST GOOD AND FRESH INGREDIENTS - GREAT BURGER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback