NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Friday, March 13, 2020

PARALLEL 37 - RITZ CARLTON SAN FRANCISCO

PARALLEL 37
RITZ CARLTON SAN FRANCISCO
600 STOCKTON STREET
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94108
415-296-7465

Wow...one of the unexpected surprises.  We arrived in San Francisco and were planning to hit the town for dinner.  My Wife wasn't feeling well and wanted to rest.  Asked my Daughter if she wanted to go out and she said "sure".  We ended up just going down to the lobby in casual dress and dined at Parallel 37.  At first glance the menu seemed small and not that interesting.  Prices were also pretty high for a simple Dad and Daughter dinner.  In fact probably the most expensive dinner I have had with just my Daughter and me.  The restaurant was pretty empty on this night and service was great.
To our surprise the food was amazing.  While the portions are a little small and prices high, the flavors were incredible.  Loved every single dish.  We started with the Crab and Caviar Tacos.  Surprised how small they were for $35.  Each of us got one taco which was really one bite.  My goodness it was delicious.  Definitely a treat and I wanted to order ten more.  Next up was the Charcoal Bao Buns.  I am not a big lover of Bao Buns but my Daughter wanted to try these.  One bite and they were my favorite Bao Buns ever.  The flavor, texture and taste of the bun were perfect.  They were light and actually refreshing.  Yummy.  For $24 I probably could have got a dozen Bao Buns in Chinatown but these at $12 each were worth it.  I went with a decadent entree because it was something you don't always get in Hawaii.  The Winter Truffle Papardelle at $65 was expensive but my goodness it was amazing.  So simple with what tasted like fresh Pasta, Butter, Parmesan Cheese and Truffles.  I loved this dish and mowed through it like eating candy.  My only complaint was I wanted more.  Boy did I want more.  My Daughter had the Niman Ranch Rack of Lamb and she loved it.  Finished everything on the plate and said it was so good.  With this meal going so well we both decided not to stop and ordered desert.  The Asian Pear Consomme with Ice Cream was awesome as was the Croissant Bread Pudding.  After finishing desert, I had a "holy shit" moment.  Asked my Daughter if that was an incredible meal and she said "yes".  Holy shit I thought this could be one of the top ten meals of my life.  A perfect dinner that was totally unexpected and with my Daughter.  Just having this time talking and being with her was worth the price of the dinner.

PARALLEL 37

PARALLEL 37
BAR AND RESTAURANT
PARALLEL 37 MENU
CHEF'S ADVENTURE DINNER
CRAB AND CAVIAR TACOS
CHARCOAL BAO BUNS
THESE BUNS WERE SO LIGHT AND DELICIOUS
WINTER TRUFFLE PAPARDELLE
RACK OF LAMB WITH LAMB BELLY
DESERT MENU
ASIAN PEAR CONSOMMÉ
CROISSANT BREAD PUDDING

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback