NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

BIG CITY DINER - KAIMUKI

BIG CITY DINER
KAIMUKI, HAWAII

With all the roads leading home backed up because of the Honolulu Marathon, we decided to take a detour after church and have lunch at the Big City Diner in Kaimuki.  Big City has good food.  I am just not a big fan of eating here.  I like their Fried Rice, Burgers and other sandwiches but really cannot pin point why we don't eat here more often.  A week or so ago I joined a customer for lunch at Big City Diner in Waipio.  I was wanting to eat light so I tried the Vegetarian Sandwich.  Wow...it was the bomb.  Loved the sandwich so I ordered another one on this visit.  
The Upcountry Veggie Sandwich
California Avocado, Japanese Cucumbers, Organic Baby Greens, Carrots, Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion, Jack and Cheddar Cheeses, Topped with Roasted Corn & Fresh Salsa on Whole Wheat Toast...10.99.     Love this sandwich.  It is the best veggie sandwich I have found in Hawaii.  Will be eating many of these in 2012.  My daughter went for the Kids Cheeseburger Meal with French Fries ($5.99).  The burger was large and she liked it.  As usual, the staff at Big City Diner was prompt, pleasant and attentive.  Great Job!

BIG CITY DINER

BACK ENTRANCE GOES THROUGH KITCHEN.
THE COOKS ALWAYS SAY "HI"

BACK ENTRANCE - FRONT IS ON WAIALAE AVENUE
WATCH THE STAFF COOK UP GREAT FOOD
LARGE DINING ROOM IS ALWAYS FILLED WITH KIDS, FAMILIES,
SINGLES, FRIENDS AND OLD GUYS LIKE ME
FLAT SCREENS ALL OVER TO CATCH THE GAME
KIDS MEAL CHEESEBURGER WITH FRIES
BEST VEGETARIAN SANDWICH I HAVE FOUND IN HAWAII
MY FAVORITE VEGGIE SANDWICH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback