NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, March 1, 2015

ITALIAN SANDWICH

ITALIAN SANDWICH
DEL DUCA GOURMET SELECTION VARIETY PACK
LUNCH AT HOME

I have been craving an Italian Sandwich for months and have eaten at three new Sandwich Shops in Honolulu in search of a good sub.  Tried The Earl of Sandwich, Sprouts and Kaimuki Superette and they did not have anything that looked or tasted like an Italian Sub.  Just last week I went into a place that has an Italian Sandwich on their menu and they told me it was not available on that day because they were out of the bread.  I left disappointed once again and did not get my Italian Sub fix.  At that point I decided to just make my own Italian Sandwich so while in Sam's Club I picked up Daniel Del Duca Variety Pack for $12.28.  The Gourmet Selection included Capocollo, Prosciutto and Calabrese Salame.  I also picked up some sliced Provolone Cheese.  Created my own Italian Sandwich and it was GREAT!  Better than any sandwich shop in Honolulu.  I layered the three meats and cheese onto a fresh Deli Role and added Shredded Lettuce, local Hamakua Tomatoes, Dijon Mustard and Balsamic Dressing.  I think the Balsamic Dressing is the key here.  Really imparts a lot of flavor into the sandwich and makes it taste like the sandwiches I remember in New York and Chicago.  Next time I will add Red Onion, Roasted Bell Pepper and Peppers to make it really authentic New York.
We made five 6" sandwiches with this package of meats which is around $2.50 per sandwich.

ITALIAN SANDWICH

GOURMET SELECTION CAPOCOLLO, PROSCIUTTO AND CALABRESE SALAME
MEATS ARE REALY FRESH AND DELICIOUS

 HANDS DOWN BETTER THAN ANY SANDWICH SHOP I HAVE FOUND IN HONOLULU

ENTIRE FAMILY HAS A NEW FAVORITE SUB SHOP AND IT IS IN MY KITCHEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback