NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

OAHU COUNTRY CLUB GOLF COURSE - HONOLULU, HAWAII

OAHU COUNTRY CLUB
HONOLULU, HI

I love to get invited to the Oahu Country Club. Since I am not a member, everything is free.

This weekend we enjoyed breakfast in the club restaurant. The place is a bit out dated and the waitresses are very old, but the service is excellent and the members are gracious. I have not eaten a Loco Moco which is one of Hawaii's most famous breakfasts for many years. Just not interested in filling my body with all that fat and calories. Well, I was craving a burger and opted for the Loco Moco which is rice, hamburger patty, two eggs covered in gravy. I asked the waitress to make my Loco Moco with Fried Rice. She said she had never heard of that and questioned if the fried rice would go with gravy. I said lets try it and she did.  This was a huge portion. Lots of fried rice, then a large beef patty topped with two sunny side up eggs. Everything was covered in a rich dark gravy. Simply stated; delicious. The breakfast was better than my golf game, but I don't think I will order this dish before playing again. By the second hole, I was going crazy trying to find a bathroom.

OAHU COUNTRY CLUB IS BEAUTIFUL
LOCO MOCO
RAIN OR SHINE IT IS STILL PRETTY NICE UP HERE





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback