NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Saturday, January 1, 2022

NEW YEAR'S EVE DINNER - ONE OF THE BEST OF MY LIFE!

DINNER AT HOME

Awesome to spend the end of 2021 at home with my Wife and Daughter.  My Daughter returns to college and we will not see her for months.  My Wife did not want to eat meat so we came up with this menu that was absolutely one of the best meals of my life.  Yes, of my life.  Of all the restaurants and home cooked meals in my life, this one was the best.  Every single dish shined with flavor.  We started with fresh Sashimi and Avocado.  I was lucky to get a nice block of Ahi that was super red, glossy and free of fat lines.  It cut like butter and melted in your mouth.  Finally got the perfect Avocado too.  Rich, smooth and buttery.  Next up was one of the best Caviar dishes of my life if not the best.  I cut Brioche bread into small circles and toasted it.  Topped with Creme Fraiche, Egg, Red Onion and Caviar.  Holy cow these were amazing.  The combination of Brioche, Creme Fraiche and Caviar was incredible.  My Wife who is not a big lover of Caviar lit up when she took her first bite.  She loved it.  Next up were Grilled Artichokes.  Now I never eat Artichokes and really don't like them, but since having a really good one at the Hitching Post in Buellton, CA  I am somewhat of a convert.  My Wife and Daughter love Artichokes but they have never tasted the ones at the Hitching Post.  I did some research and found the recipe for the Hitching Post Artichokes online and we prepared them following the recipe.  Also made the dipping sauce which takes this dish to another level.
What made this the perfect recipe is that I had a bottle of the Hitching Post seasoning called "Magic Stuff" (see below).  Put this in the dipping sauce and all over the Artichokes before grilling.  Results were spectacular.  Just as good as the Hitching Post.  I could eat Artichokes prepared like this every day of the week.  Next I made Seared Foie Gras with Glazed Korean Pear.  Another home run of incredible flavor.  I sautéed the Korean Pear in a bit of the duck fat and sugar and then combined with a Balsamic Glaze.  This dish was like dining in one of the finest restaurants in New York or London.  For the entree we enjoyed a Duo of Lobster Tails with Au Gratin Potatoes and Asparagus.  Another home run making this definitely one of the best dinners of my life and we did it at home.  I don't think the bottle of champagne I drank while enjoying this meal had any influence on my review.  Happy New Year!
Click link below to view Hitching Post Artichoke recipe:

NEW YEAR'S EVE DINNER - ONE OF THE BEST OF MY LIFE!

FRESH AHI SASHIMI WITH AVOCADO

CAVIAR ON TOASTED BRIOCHE WITH CREME FRAICHE, EGG AND RED ONION

HITCHING POST PREPARED ARTICHOKES WITH DIPPING SAUCE
https://www.food.com/recipe/copycat-hitching-post-grilled-artichokes-185341

SEARED FOIE GRAS WITH KOREAN PEAR AND BALSAMIC GLAZE

DUO OF LOBSTER TAILS

TIRAMISU WITH WHIPPED CREAM AND BERRIES

HITCHING POST MAGIC STUFF SEASONING

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback