NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

SWORDFISH WITH MUSHROOM CREAM SAUCE

SWORDFISH WITH MUSHROOM CREAM SAUCE
DINNER AT HOME

When I saw fresh Hawaiian Swordfish at the market for around $5 per pound, I grabbed a few fillets for the family dinner.  When I can put a restaurant quality meal on the table for three for under $15 it makes me happy.  This meal would cost at least $30 for each plate in a Hawaii restaurant.  Super fresh fish and a good sauce are the keys here.  I make my cream sauce with garlic, shallots, mushrooms, butter, olive oil, white wine and cream.  Sauce the garlic and shallots in a combination of  olive oil and butter.  When cooked add the mushrooms and cook until tender.  Deglaze the pan with about a 1/4 cup of white wine and reduce until alcohol cooks off.  Add a few tablespoons of butter and cream plus salt/pepper.  So easy and so delicious!!!  Don't overcook the fish.  I grill to sear both sides and then pop in the oven at 350 degrees for around 10 minutes.  

GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH MUSHROOM CREAM SAUCE

SIMPLE INGREDIENTS 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback