NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

BONGO BENS - KAILUA, KONA HAWAII

BONGO BENS
KAILUA KONA, HI

When a friend and customer that lives in Kona suggested that we meet for breakfast at Bongo Bens, I thought he was crazy. What the heck is Bongo Bens I thought to myself. Well I found out that Bongo Bens is a great place for breakfast and lunch. In a two day period we hosted contractors three times at this Kona eatery. The first time I tried the Huevos Rancheros. Grilled tortillas, covered in refried beans, Two eggs any style, cheese, Ranchero sauce, Sour Cream and salsa, served with choice of Home fries, Grits or Rice. This was a delicious breakfast that hit the spot. Only complaint is that the huge scoops of avacado and sour creme are way too much for this dish. My client and co-worker enjoyed the omelets and said they were great. The second time back I tried the breakfast burrito. Two Island fresh eggs scrambled with, cheese, onions, ham, and Salsa, wrapped in a flour tortilla. This was good but not as good as the Huevos Rancheros. Our third visit was for lunch with customers. On this occasion I tried the fresh fish sandwich. This thing was the bomb. A huge piece of fresh Mahi Mahi grilled and served on a fresh bun with lettuce, tomato and onion. I threw on a bit of tarter sauce and enjoyed one of the best fish sandwiches ever. The portion was huge so I only finished half. I highly recommend Bongo Bens if you visit Kona and want an inexpensive breakfast or lunch. They are also open for dinner.

BONGO BENS

BONGO BENS ISLAND CAFE

BONGO BENS HUEVOS RANCHEROS
BREAKFAST BURRITO
GREAT FISH SANDWICH

1 comment:

Please leave your comments and feedback