NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Saturday, October 31, 2015

LIVESTOCK TAVERN

LIVESTOCK TAVERN
49 N. HOTEL STREET
HONOLULU, HI  96817
808-537-2577
HOURS:  Monday thru Saturday 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM / 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
                 Closed Sunday

Nice to finally get downtown to check out the wildly popular Livestock Tavern.  Reviews for this place have been great with comments like "insane" and "yummy".  We entered as they opened at 11:00 am on a weekday to find smiling employees welcoming us.  Really a nice welcome.  As we were seated the place began to fill up quickly and I think by 11:30 it was packed.  Our waitress was fantastic.  Always smiling, great eye contact and good descriptions of the food and specials.  I ordered the Grilled Octopus with Chicories ($15) as an appetizer for our table.  The Octopus was good but I thought the dressing and veggies were very bland.  For my entree I went with the Maine Lobster Roll ($18).  Served with your choice of Fries or Salad.  I went for the Salad and could not eat it.  It was made with lettuce that I cannot stand.  So bitter and peppery.  The Lobster Roll was ok, but I ended up not eating all of the bread.  It was very dry and tasted like a light cornbread.  Really did not like it.  Ended up picking out the lobster.  For $18 I was not happy with this dish and probably would not order it again.  My guest ordered the Fresh Fish Special ($16) which was Snapper.  The fish was a bit dry but the vegetables and potatoes were perfect.  I would have to go back to Livestock Tavern to try more dishes before I write this place off.  Seems there is a lot more I need to discover and taste here.

LIVESTOCK TAVERN

    LIVESTOCK TAVERN ON HOTEL STREET IN HONOLULU
LIVESTOCK TAVERN AUTUMN MENU
SOUP, SALADS, SMALL PLATES AND ENTREES
LIVESTOCK TAVERN SANDWICHES
GRILLED OCTOPUS
FRESH FISH SPECIAL
MAIN LOBSTER ROLL WITH SALAD
MAIN LOBSTER ROLL


1 comment:

  1. This is my first time visit here. From the tons of comments on your articles,I guess I am not only one having all the enjoyment right here! The Market House Tavern

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments and feedback