NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, May 20, 2018

PORTILLO'S - CHICAGO, IL

PORTILLO'S
CLARK AND ONTARIO
100 W. ONTARIO
CHICAGO, IL. 60654
312-587-8910
HOURS:  Monday thru Saturday 10:00 AM - 1:00 AM / Sunday 10:00 AM - 12:00 AM

Portillo's has become a must go spot when I visit Chicago.  The Italian Beef Sandwich here is one of my favorite sandwiches on the planet.  I was forced to visit Portillo's twice on this trip.  The first time I was waiting in line for about half an hour.  An employee came up and took my order in line and wrote it on a bag.  I ordered an Italian Sandwich and a Hot Dog.  After waiting another half hour to get our food, we opened the bag and found an Italian Sausage Sandwich and Hot Dog.  No Italian Beef!  Rather than wait in line again we just ate what was given to us even though it was the wrong order.  The Italian Sausage with Hot Peppers, Dipped and Mozzarella Cheese ($5.90) was good but kind of depressing because I was craving the Italian Beef Sandwich so much.  The Chicago Dog with Everything ($3.09) was delicious.  One of my favorite dogs in Chicago.  Love the soft Poppy Seed Bun.  This was satisfying but not having the Italian Beef made this visit a bummer.  So what to do?  Go back on another day - Wait in line again and get than damn Italian Beef.  I did....
The Italian Beef with Hot Peppers, XT Gravy and Mozzarella ($7.14) delivered on every level.  Wow..what a sandwich.  Every component is delicious.  Plenty of Beef drenched in Gravy with a load of Hot Peppers and topping of Mozzarella Cheese.  I sat alone on the patio and savored each and every bite.  Surrounded by tourists and locals I was in a zone with me and my Italian Beef as one.
There seemed to be no-one around me, no cars and no sound.  Just me and my Portillo's Italian Beef.  One of the best sandwiches on the planet.
Click link below to view previous posts on Portillo's;

PORTILLO'S ITALIAN BEEF IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SANDWICHES EVER

PORTILLO'S ON CLARK AND ONTARIO
A MUST VISIT WHEN IN CHICAGO
BE PREPARED TO WAIT IN LINE TO ORDER AND PICK UP
ITALIAN SAUSAGE WITH HOT PEPPERS AND MOZZARELLA CHEESE
CHICAGO DOG WITH EVERYTHING
PORTILLO'S ITALIAN BEEF
ITALIAN BEEF WITH GRAVY, HOT PEPPERS AND MOZZARELLA
PLENTY OF BEEF

1 comment:

Please leave your comments and feedback