NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Saturday, February 18, 2017

MOKU KITCHEN - AGAIN

MOKU KITCHEN
660 ALA MOANA BLVD
HONOLULU, HI  96813
808-591-6658
HOURS:  Monday thru Thursday 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
                 Friday and Saturday 11:00 AM - 12:00 AM

Back to Moku Kitchen in Kakaako for some lunch with the family.  This was my second visit to what is becoming quite the meeting place in Honolulu.  Once again the staff was friendly but this time I left somewhat unsatisfied.  We started with the Ginger Ahi Shoyu Poke ($14) which was delicious.  The Ahi was fresh and the light taste of Ginger came through perfectly.  The Taro Chips were also fresh and my Daughter loved scooping up the Ahi with the Chips.  The Roasted Squash Ravioli ($12) is a go-to dish at Moku Kitchen and their Sister Monkeypod Kitchen.  The Squash is sweet and pairs perfectly with the pasta which I learned is frozen Gyoza wrappers and not fresh pasta as I always thought.  My Wife who is trying the Nutri System diet right now went with the Vegetable Roasted Plate ($15) and loved it.  She said she would return again to eat the same dish.  I went for the Fried Chicken Sandwich ($14) and was hugely disappointed.  Did not like the taste of the sandwich at all.  Only ate half.  At $14 you would think this would come with a side but all you get is a small portion of Kim Che which I did like.  What was good about the sandwich was the Pickles and Tomato.  The Chicken was bland and the batter to me sucked.  Would never order this again.
Click link below to view Moku Kitchen menu and read a previous post;

GINGER AHI SHOYU POKE
ROASTED SQUASH RAVIOLI
VEGETABLE ROASTED PLATE
FRIED CHICKEN SANDWICH
I LIKED THE PICKLES AND TOMATO BUT NOT THE SANDWICH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback