NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Monday, February 4, 2013

GRILLED ONO

 GRILLED ONO
DINNER AT HOME

Trying really hard to get my diet back on track and stick to healthier dishes.  The market had the usual Mahi Mahi at $15.99 per pound and fresh Hawaiian Ono for $12.99 per pound.  I went for the Ono.  Ono is a close relative to the King Mackerel and means "sweet, very good to eat" in Hawaiian.  I grilled the Ono on an Indoor Grill Pan with Pam Cooking spray to reduce calories and fat.  My calories and fat came from the sauce that consisted of reduced chicken stock, creme, butter and orange juice.  Had to use orange juice because I did not have lemon.  Turned out great.  Served with Jasmine Rice and steamed broccoli.  Entire family loved this meal.  I will make it again and again.  


ANOTHER VARIATION OF GRILLED ONO

MARINATED ONO FILETS IN GARLIC, GINGER, CHILI PASTE,
WHITE WINE AND SOY SAUCE FOR ONE HOUR
GRILLED ON INDOOR GRILL PAN FOR A COUPLE OF MINUTES ON EACH SIDE
SERVED WITH VEGETABLE AND RICE - DELICIOUS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback