NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

HASR BISTRO REVISITED

HASR BISTRO
HONOLULU, HAWAII


HASR BISTRO
31 N. PAUAHI STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96817
808-533-4277
HOURS:  Daily 10:30 AM to 10:00 PM

Made in back to Hasr Bistro for a business lunch.  My friend said I had to try the Cioppino because he absolutely loves it and has eaten it three times.  We made our way downtown and were lucky to find parking on the street.  The neighborhood is adjacent to a small park that is filled with homeless people.  In fact, there were homeless people sleeping next to where we parked.  Pretty smelly and depressing area and then you walk into a beautiful courtyard that leads to Hasr Bistro.  You enter into a large dining room with a small bar area.  We checked in and were taken past the kitchen through a hall that leads to a small back room with about five tables.  The back room as we called it is pretty plain and not exciting.  Like being in a conference room.  We started with the Shrimp Spring Rolls ($10).  These were deep fried and when you added the Chili Aioli that is all you could taste.  Not bad.
I tried the Cioppino ($23) and loved it.  Nice pieces of Fish, Shrimp, Clams,  Scallops, Calamari in a savory tomato base soup filled with flavor.  I asked that no Mussels be in my Cioppino and the waiter did not hesitate to say yes.  There were no Mussels in my soup so I was happy.  Even happier to enjoy the large thick Clams that were one of the best parts of the dish.  The Clams were large and delicious.  This is a huge bowl and really too much for lunch.  I probably go down 1/3 of the bowl.  Enjoyed every bite though and wish I would have brought the leftovers home.  My friends enjoyed the Osso Buco ($18) and Pesto Chicken Carbonara ($17) and both seemed to love their food.  Service was excellent and the food came out quickly.  My friend picked up the tab so this was a really good lunch.  I want to go back again and try more dishes here.  Just wish the prices were a bit lower for lunch.  They could cut the portions and prices and have me back here way more often for a business lunch.
Click the link below to read an earlier post on Hasr Bistro.

HASR BISTRO

HASR BISTRO IN DOWNTOWN HONOLULU
BEAUTIFUL COURTYARD LEADS TO THE ENTRANCE
ENTRANCE TO HASR BISTRO
MAIN DINING ROOM
HASR BISTRO LUNCH MENU
DINNER MENU
SHRIMP SPRING ROLLS
CIOPPINO WAS FANTASTIC AND WORTH $23
PESTO CHICKEN CARBONARA
OSSO BUCO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback