NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

MORTON'S STEAK HOUSE - HONOLULU, HAWAII


MORTON'S STEAK HOUSE 
HONOLULU, HAWAII

My rich friend with a large expense account treated me to a Holiday lunch at Morton's.  During the Holiday Season, they have a special lunch menu for $35 per person.  You can select soup or salad and an entree.  The meal starts with a huge piece of bread topped with onions.  Served up warm with butter.  I chose the Morton's salad.  Kind of like a Caesar Salad topped with Blue Cheese and Anchovies.  My friend ordered the Caesar Salad and it looked about the same but did not include anchovies.  He ordered a side of anchovies.  The salad is huge.  Big enough for two people.  I liked it, but there was way too much dressing.  The thing was swimming in dressing.  For our entrees, we both selected the Filet Mignon.  This was a nice piece of thick beef.  We ordered Medium Rare and the middle was really pink and a bit cold.  My friend did not finish his steak because of the rareness.  He was full by that time so no complaint.  The steak is served with a nice portion of mashed potatoes.  I thought they were really good.
 
MORTON'S FILET WITH MASHED POTATOES

FRESH BAKED BREAD AT MORTON'S
CAESAR SALAD WITH ANCHOVIES

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback