NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Friday, December 10, 2010

LE BISTRO


LE BISTRO
HONOLULU, HAWAII 

We were lucky to have dinner with a good friend an rep that has a big expense account.  Treated us to a dinner fit for kings at Le Bistro.  While the service started slow, it did kick in and the waiter delivered a great dining experience.  Our host had eaten here a few weeks earlier so he took the lead on appetizers.  Fresh Oysters, Foie Gras and Escargot arrived to our pleasure.  I love Foie Gras.  The fatty duck liver is usually served well seared and with some type of fruit.  This dish to me was a mess.  I took one bite and wanted no more.  Could not understand the sides of tomato, bread sticks and something else.  Just give me a toasted piece of bread and the duck liver.  This dish had a odd taste like liquor that I did not like.  The Escargot was delicious. Loaded with butter and garlic.  The Oysters were fresh and delicious.  I started with a local Tomato Salad with Balsamic Dressing.  This was a light and tasty treat that I really enjoyed.  For my entree I went with the house special for the day.  It was a four course meat dish featuring a Mini Kobe Beef Burger stuffed with cheese, two types of grilled steak and a braised beef dish.  The mini burger was awesome.  I also loved the braised beef.  Served with creamy potatoes that I could not stop eating.  Everything on the plate was good.  I mean real good.  This is just too much meat for one person.  Two people can easily share the quartet of beef here.  My friend enjoyed a chicken dish that he said was great.  My other friend also dined on the quartet and could not believe how tender the meats were.  Everyone was happy after this meal.  No complaints.  Can't wait to return.
UPDATE:  I did return to Le Bistro and had another great  meal.  We again had the Escargot and Local Tomato Salad.  Both were excellent.  We tried a Garlic Prawn appetizer that was out of this world.  Two large Prawns butterflied on the plate and soaked in a garlic type sauce.  This in one great shrimp dish and a must try.  It comes with bread to soak up all the juices off the plate.  We enjoyed Australian Rack of Lamb.  This was a huge serving and was enough for two.  I went for the BBQ Lamb Chops.  Could not believe the amount of food on the plate.  There were 4-5 large pieces of Lamb Chops.   All crisp on the outside and perfectly medium rare inside.  Served with some great scalloped potatoes.  This is a great dish.  Our friends enjoyed the local fish and loved every single bite.  We finished the evening with the Spamoni Ice Cream Pie.  It was the bomb.  Service was good on this trip.  The place was packed yet our food came within a reasonable time.  One thing I would like to say is that the wine list is a bit over priced.  Most bottles start in the $60 range and go up from there.  A decent bottle of vino will run $100+.  We had the Duckhorn Merlot at $95.

LE BISTRO

LE BISTRO IN AINA HAINA
ESCARGOT
OYSTERS 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback