NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Monday, May 31, 2010

SOUTH SHORE GRILL - HONOLULU, HAWAII










SOUTH SHORE GRILL
HONOLULU, HI

You should have seen my face when I took my first bite of a Fish Taco from South Shore Grill. I almost threw up. Seriously. This food was so bad that we threw it out and felt sick for hours afterwards. Two people tried the tacos and two people didn't finish eating them and had a bad taste in our mouths for hours. Yuck.....Yuck....Yuck..... Where do I begin here. Well the South Shore Grill is in a great location near Kapiolani Park. The place was busy when we entered. You order at a counter with the menu written above on a chalk board. They say they are known for their fish tacos. They also serve chicken and shrimp tacos, burritos, burgers, sandwiches and plate lunches. We went for the tacos. One plate of Fish Tacos ($8.50) and one plate of Chicken Tacos ($8.25). It took a while for the food to be served. In fact a long time. I approached the counter to pick up the taco plates and asked for taco or hot sauce. They offered a Chili type paste that does not taste good on tacos. Therefore, no taco sauce. The plates were large and heavy. Filled with two scoops of rice, macaroni salad, cole slaw and two tacos. Who wants white rice and macaroni salad with a taco? Not me. The rice was hard and seemed old. The macaroni salad was tasteless and the cole slaw was so tangy and filled with garlic. The tacos even worse. I took a bite of the fish taco and could only taste the garlicky mayo dressing that is all over the taco. That taste just overwhelmed me and frankly made me sick. The chicken taco had the same awful taste. We ate a few bites of each and said that is it. Throw the whole plate away. You cannot taste the fish or chicken because the sauce overpowers the entire dish. The cabbage is drenched in the sauce too. The only good thing I can say about the taco is that the tortilla was nicely cooked on the grill. THIS IS A TASTE OF HAWAII NO RECOMMEND. I WILL NEVER GO BACK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback