NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Monday, May 19, 2008

LAS PINATAS OF MAUI MEXICAN FOOD

LAS PINATAS OF MAUI
Kahului, Maui

I was very happy when one of my friends asked to meet him for lunch at Las Pinatas on Maui.  I hadn't visited Las Pinatas for several years and was eager to go back for another taste.  When I arrived, I found that the place had doubled in size since the last time I was there.  The large open and clean space is decorated with pinatas hanging from the ceiling.  You order at the counter and then take your food to a table.  There is a pretty good salsa bar in the sitting area.  Filled with at least four different types of salsa, jalapeno's, cilantro and onions.  The salsas vary in heat from mild to very hot with habanero peppers.  I ordered two tacos.  One chicken crispy and one carne asada.  The chicken was moist and flavorful.  The carne asada was served on two tortillas which was a bit filling.  The meat is served with guacamole, lettuce and a little fresh tomato, onion and cilantro.  Both tacos were good.  Best I have had on Maui so far.  My friend had a chicken enchilada and a taco.  He said it was great.  You will find lots of Mexican favorites at Las Pinatas.  I saw a lot of people eating the burritos.  They are big and stuffed with Chicken, pork, steak, fish or pollo asado.  The "Kitchen Sink" burritos are huge and range from $8.00 to $10.00.  My two tacos were $3.42 and $4.00.  They do charge extra for the chips and salsa bar.  I am looking forward to going back to this place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback