NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

THE PLANTATION HOUSE RESTAURANT - KAPALUA, MAUI (LUNCH)

THE PLANTATION HOUSE
PLANTATION GOLF COURSE
2000 PLANTATION CLUB DRIVE
LAHAINA, HI 96761
808-669-6299
HOURS:  8:00 AM - 10:00 PM

When you finish a morning round of golf on the Plantation Course at Kapalua the main restaurant is closed until 5:00 so you can enjoy a beverage and light meal in the bar overlooking the 18th hole.  The views of golfers coming down 18 is amazing and its fun to watch people hit shots to the 18th green.  Service was good here but when it gets busy the single bartender/server can get a bit backed up.  We tried the Beef Queso and after a few bites sent it back.  So soupy and tasteless.  Had to be the worst Queso ever on this blog.  How you can mess up melted cheese with ground beef is amazing to me.  The Tempura California Roll was better than I thought.  My first thought was why would they deep fry sushi but after tasting it I found it to be very tasty.  I loved the Plantation Burger ($18).  The waiter asked if I would like Salad or Fries and I said Salad.  When he offered a Caesar Salad in place of the bitter greens I was very happy and went for the Caesar which was good.  Burger was great but c'mon....eighteen bucks?  

THE PLANTATION HOUSE RESTAURANT

THE PLANTATION HOUSE RESTAURANT BAR OVERLOOKS THE 18TH HOLE
AT THE KAPALUA PLANTATION COURSE
TEMPURA CALIFORNIA ROLL IS GOOD
QUESO DIP WITH BEEF IS TASTELESS AND VERY SOUPY
THE $18 CHEESEBURGER WITH SALAD
THIS IS A REALLY GOOD BURGER BUT I COULD BUY AROUND SIX IN N' OUT BURGERS
FOR THE SAME PRICE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback