NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, April 1, 2018

POINT LOMA SEAFOODS - POINT LOMA, CA

POINT LOMA SEAFOODS
2805 EMERSON STREET
SAN DIEGO, CA. 92106
619-223-1109

Point Loma Seafoods was highly recommended by several friends who live in San Diego so we stopped in for lunch during our vacation.  The place was jam packed and looked great.  The Lighthouse theme, waterfront location and fresh seafood was all perfect until we got the food.  This was one of the worst meals of our lives I kid you not.  Everything sucked with the exception of the fresh Crab California Roll that my Daughter devoured in seconds.  The Clam Chowder should be called Potato Chowder because it was mostly potatoes.  Chowder was pretty bland and there was no Clam flavor.  The Ceviche was soaked in Lemon or Lime Juice and it was overpowering.  We did not eat any of it after one taste.  Most disappointing was the $16 Dungenss Crab Sandwich.  My goodness this was terrible.  First off they smear some of the Crab and Mayo on white bread and thats it.  The most disappointing and lousy $16 sandwich ever.  After a few small bites this was in the trash too.  This was a terrible meal.  Biggest waste of money on our trip.  Totally disappointed with the flavor of the food and high prices.  While many people rave about Point Loma Seafoods, I don't think I would ever want to go back.

POINT LOMA SEAFOOD

POINT LOMA SEAFOODS
ORDER AT THE COUNTER 
POINT LOMA SEAFOOD MENU

TAKE AWAY SEAFOOD
CRAB AND SHRIMP ARE NOT CHEAP HERE
SMOKED FISH
FRESH CALIFORNIA ROLL
CLAM CHOWDER
CEVICHE
DUNGENESS CRAB SANDWICH
$16 PIECE OF CRAP SANDWICH
I CUT IT UP TO TRY AND MAKE IT LOOK MORE APPETIZING

1 comment:

  1. You know, I've been eating here for years. And I think you are right. I don't think I ever thought about how good the quality of the food here was.

    I usually get the tuna fish sandwich, which is by the way, is filled with tuna and is a good sandwich. I got this yesterday on September 3, 2018.

    But we got the calamari plate (they call it the Squid Plate) and the calamari had some horrible breaded batter on it. The breaded batter almost looked like something you'd get at a cafeteria. And you got very little calamari and the calamari did not taste good. At many other restaurants in San Diego, I've had excellent calamari.

    The plate included coleslaw and fries. The coleslaw has very little flavor, and I like good coleslaw. The fries are horrible. Why don't they use real potatoes for their fries? Their tarter sauce is bland. The drinks are $2.55 each. What a rip-off.

    I think we are so used to the food and location of this restaurant, living here in San Diego, that we don't really think about whether the food is good here or not!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments and feedback