NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Saturday, January 16, 2016

TOMMY BAHAMA WAIKIKI

TOMMY BAHAMA
298 BEACH WALK
HONOLULU, HI  96815
808-923-8785
HOURS:  Daily 10:00 AM - 11:00 PM

Made another trip to Tommy Bahamas in Waikiki to hang out at the upstairs beach bar and enjoy some pupus with friends.  I love the upstairs bar at Tommy Bahamas and think the fire pits and sand are cool.  Very comfortable outdoor seating when the sun goes down.  We were all impressed with the food and service on this night.  The waitress, staff and management all made sure we were happy and that are glasses were filled.  We started with the Kalua Pork Quesadilla ($12.50).  I was impressed with the flavors here and the Kalua Pork did not have the overpowering liquid smoke taste as it does at some places.  The Quesadillas were thick and filling.  Really good.  The Ahi Poke Napoleon ($19) was DELICIOUS!.  Fresh Ahi with Guacamole and Capers served with Flatbread.  Loved everything about this dish and would order it every time I visit here.  The Duo of Dips ($14) also got very high ratings from our table.  The Zesty Pub Cheese Dip was amazing and I could have eaten three bowls of this stuff on my own.  Have to say it was pretty addicting and delicious.  The Seared Scallop Sliders ($18) were also very good.  Scallops and Shrimp set on top of a large slab of Pork Belly.  What a combination of flavors.  My friend liked these so much that we went for a second order to satisfy her craving for Pork Belly.  The Hamakua Mushroom and Apple Flatbread ($17) was a little pizza that I failed to taste.  Was so full of the other stuff that I never got any of this down.  The Ahi Tuna Tacos ($17) in a Wonton Shell and served with Cole Slaw and a Wasabi-Avocado puree were awesome.  The Ahi was so fresh and the Slaw and Avocado added great texture and flavor.  There are a lot of places in Hawaii doing these type of Ahi Tacos but the Tommy Bahama version is probably my all time favorite.  Would order these over and over again.  For some reason I was craving a Hamburger Slider after eating all this great food.  I asked the waitress if they had them and she said no but they were available on the Kids Menu.  I ordered them and she asked what I would like on the burgers.  Lettuce, Tomato, Onion and Pickles I said.  The Burgers arrived and they were mini pieces of perfection.  Great tasting beef, toppings and bun.  These are now what I call a hidden gem on the menu and I will order them many times in the future.   What a great night at Tommy Bahama. Great food, atmosphere and service.  Cannot wait to go back for more
Click link below for another post on Tommy Bahama Waikiki;

ONE OF THE BEST HAMBURGER SLIDERS I HAVE EVER EATEN

BEACH BAR SEATING AREA
KALUA PORK QUESADILLA
AHI POKE NAPOLEON
DUO OF DIPS - ZESTY PUB CHEESE (LEFT) AND HOUSE MADE GUACAMOLE (RIGHT)
SEARED SCALLOP SLIDERS SERVED ON SLAB OF PORK BELLY
HAMAKUA MUSHROOM AND APPLE FLATBREAD
AHI TUNA TACOS
HAMBURGER SLIDERS FROM THE KIDS MENU

1 comment:

Please leave your comments and feedback