NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, May 16, 2010

MAUI BREWING COMPANY - KAHANA, MAUI

MAUI BREWING COMPANY PUB
KAHANA, MAUI

My buddy Mark installed the air conditioning system at the Maui Brewing Company. During a recent visit to Maui we stopped in for lunch. This was not a diet day as you can see. We enjoyed the Beer Battered Onion Rings served with a Chipotle Remoulade ($7). The rings were large and very tasty. Chipotle sauce was a bit bland. I would have been fine with Ketchup. We tried the Beer Battered Brie with a caramelized pineapple sauce and served with a toasted baguette ($9). This was good but way too much cheese for me. I could not eat more than one piece. Next up was the Adult Grilled Cheese Sandwich ($12). Smoked Gouda, Cheddar and American Cheese with Fried Salami, Caramelized Onions, Tomato and Banana Peppers served on a garlic buttered bread. This was really good, but I could only get down a few bites. I was overloaded on fried food and cheese. Next came a Supreme Pizza ($25). Marinara Sauce, Mozzarella, Pepperoni, Bacon, Mushroom, Green Pepper and Onion. I thought the pizza was good, but again could only get down one piece. Let me clarify that there were three of us eating all this food. My two friends enjoyed a cold beer with their meal and said it was good. There are many hand crafted beers to choose from here. The list of beers is impressive and includes the alcohol percentage of each brew. Some are up to 10% alcohol. One highlight of this place was the service. We had an absolutely great gal who always smiled and made sure we were happy. Top notch girl that really understands her job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback