NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

MEMPHIS STORM - PART 2

MEMPHIS STORM - PART 2


Ahhh...my first night in Memphis. First off, thousands of drunks on the streets for Memphis in May celebration and then a 4:00 am wake up call to welcome in a tornado. Glad I stayed in for the night and did not venture onto Beale Street. Heck the drunks and loosers around the hotel Madison were enough for me. Must be getting old. The Madison is a Five Star property with beautiful rooms. I got upgraded to a nice suite with a large sitting/tv area and bar. Nice corner room on 12th floor with view of city and the water. Perfect for watching thunder and lightning in the wee hours. The people of Memphis have been great. This is a very depressed area and most of downtown and the adjoining area are empty and abandoned. Elvis loved it here so it cannot be that bad. I don't have video of Graceland because they did not allow me to video while on property. Will post some still photos as time permits. Now that I have done Memphis, I can say that I am done. No need to return unless my daughter wants to visit Graceland or the Martin Luther King, Jr museum. With that said, we will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback