NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, July 1, 2018

BLUE BAYOU RESTAURANT - DISNEYLAND

BLUE BAYOU RESTAURANT
DISNEYLAND PARK
1313 S. HARBOR BLVD
ANAHEIM, CA. 92802
714-781-3463
HOURS:  Daily 11:30 AM - 10:00 PM

Spending a summer day at Disneyland with your teenage Daughter and Wife is special. Don't know how many more times in life we will have this opportunity as my baby is growing up and off to college next year.  Disneyland was awesome but our lunch at the Blue Bayou was not.  I have always wanted to dine here as you go by it every time you ride the Pirates of Caribbean ride.  We arrived during the lunch rush and were greeted by a very nice gal at the window who took our name, engaged me in conversation and then showed us to a waiting area with seating and air conditioning.  A few minutes later we were led into a very very dark dining room overlooking the Pirates of Caribbean ride.  We were so far back that we could not see the water or ride.  The place is so dark that the menus actually come with built in lights so you can read them.  Thought that was pretty cool.  Opened the menu and about dropped dead after seeing the lunch pricing.  A bit high I thought.  I went for the N'awlins Gumbo ($7) which was topped with Rice.  Not the best Gumbo ever.  I ordered the Jambalaya ($36).  Yes, that is correct $36 for a bowl of Jambalaya.  This better be good I thought.  The Jambalaya came to the table and I actually looked at it and thought "WTF".  Looked like a bowl of Tomato Sauce.  My goodness it tasted like it too.  The absolute worst Jambalaya of my life.  I could not even eat this shit.  Really tasted like a bowl of Tomato Sauce.  HORRIBLE!!!  My Daughter ordered the Vegetable Pasta ($30) and it was bland and tasteless.  The Roasted Chicken Maison ($35) did not impress my Wife.  She said it had "no taste or seasoning".  Not one of us finished our meal and we left disappointed and hungry.  Went and got a Chocolate Covered Banana to ease my pain.

BLUE BAYOU RESTAURANT

BLUE BAYOU RESTAURANT AT DISNEYLAND
HANGING IN THE WAITING ROOM WITH MY BFF
DINING ROOM IS VERY DARK AND OVERLOOKS PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN RIDE
STORY OF BLUE BAYOU
STARTERS
BLUE BAYOU LUNCH MENU
DESSERTS
BREAD WAS BEST PART OF THE MEAL
GUMBO
THE WORST JAMBALAYA ON THE PLANET
VEGETABLE PASTA
ROASTED CHICKEN MAISON
STRIKE THAT POSE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback