NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Saturday, July 3, 2021

POLO LOUNGE BEVERLY HILLS

POLO LOUNGE 
BEVERLY HILLS HOTEL
9641 SUNSET BLVD
BEVERLY HILLS, CA 90210
310-887-2777

I have all always wanted to dine at the Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel and going here with my Daughter was special for me.  Enjoying lunch with her and talking about life while watching a people show was pretty cool.  We entered the Beverly Hills Hotel and my Daughter immediately wanted to leave.  She said she didn't feel comfortable here.  I told here to hold her head up high and just roll with it.  "take it all in" I said "this is an experience that will make you feel grateful for what we have back home in Hawaii".  Reluctantly she went along and after a brief walk around the property we made our way to the famous Polo Lounge.  We did not have reservations and it was lunch hour so I assumed we would be shuffled away with an attitude.  As we approached the hostess stand, my Daughter said "we don't have a reservation so lets just go Dad".  "no" I said "we are going to enjoy the day".  We were greeted nicely by two hostesses and I asked if they had room for two.  After looking at the computer, they said yes and led us to our table.  We were seated inside with a view of the legendary outdoor patio where every major star and mogul in Hollywood probably have dined.  Our waiter approached with a smile and asked if we would like a drink.  I ordered what was like a $40 glass of champagne and our lunch was underway.  A delicious basket of bread arrived with more smiles and soon the Manager walked by and said hello.  Wow..I thought what great service for a place that I thought would be snooty.  Our waiter and the food were great all be a little expensive.  We started with my Daughters new favorite appetizer which are Grilled Artichokes ($32). Yes $32 for Artichokes.  I ate a few bites and my Daughter devoured the rest.  I ordered the Crispy Skin Sea Bass ($56).  Yes, $56 for fish at lunch.  The Sea Bass was cooked perfectly and super delicious.  My Daughter ordered the Crispy Organic Tofu ($42).  Yes, $42 for Tofu.  The Tofu which I tried was amazing and my Daughter loved it.  It tasted like Orange Chicken with a crispy skin and sticky sauce.  Probably the best Tofu dish I have ever tasted.
While eating we enjoyed the show.  The people show of everything from Cowboys to Suits and Models.  Moms, Dads, Girlfriends, Families and an array of massive plastic surgery.  Every woman in the place seemed to have enhancements and very puffed lips.  Some in fact looked totally remodeled and I am talking Men and Woman.  We did take it all in and totally enjoyed the moment.  My Daughter had her fill of the Hollywood types and told me how much she appreciated how we live and what we have in Hawaii.  I told her that it is important to see this lifestyle so she can figure out what she wants in life and what is important to her.  "All I want is to go home to Hawaii and surf" she said making me smile from ear to ear.  Many people desire to live, act and dress like people in Hollywood and Beverly Hills.  Not us but the service and food at the Polo Lounge was excellent!

WELCOME TO THE BEVERLY HILLS HOTEL

POLO LOUNGE MENU

SUPER FRESH AND DELICIOUS BREAD

GRILLED ARTICHOKES

CRISPY ORGANIC TOFU

CRISPY SKIN SEA BASS

AN AFTERNOON AT THE POLO LOUNGE



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback