NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

PROA RESTAURANT - TAMUNING, GUAM

PROA RESTAURANT
TAMUNING, GUAM

PROA RESTAURANT
YPAO BEACH PALE SAN VITORES ROAD
TAMUNING, GUAM
671-646-7762
HOURS:  11:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Lucky to have a customer in Guam who loves to eat.  We were on a jobsite in Tamuning along the bay when I asked him where we could eat nearby.  Without hesitation he said Proa and pointed across the street.  Looked like a local dive to me and I would have never ever thought of walking in the place if I drove by it.  This is really when locals come in when visiting a foreign land as Proa turned out to be one of the best, if not the best meal I have ever eaten on the Island of Guam.  This tiny little local spot turns out incredible food that is expertly presented by the kitchen staff.  Everything coming out of the kitchen here looks amazing.  I looked from table to table and saw dishes that were worthy of a five star restaurant in New York.  Presentation is one thing and they have that down to a tee.  Service too was fantastic with several employees stopping by to see if we were enjoying our dishes.  Time and time again our waitress visited the table to see if we were enjoying each dish that was brought to the table.  Each time I said "fantastic and amazing".  This food is good.  Really good.  We started with the Escargot which was not on the menu but part of the many Daily Specials offered verbally by our waitress.  The Escargot was served with sautéed mushrooms on a piece of toasted bread along with a light sauce that complimented the dish perfectly.  I sat there and ate the Escargot thinking I can't believe this dish is this good in Guam.  Next up was the Proa Beggars Purse.  This amazing presentation of Ahi Poke served in a Crepe blanket blew me away.  Simply elegant presentation and something I had never seen done with Poke.  The waitress took the time to come over to our table and explain the ingredients and suggested we combine the Poke with some of the pickled onion and Crepe.  I did so and loved this dish even more.  The pickled onion was delicious by itself but when combined with the Ahi Tuna and Crepe gave it the "wow" factor.  For our main dishes my friend ordered the Salmon and said it was delicious.  It looked great to me.  I ordered the Proa BBQ Big Fella Trio.  BBQ Ribs, Chicken and Korean Kal Bi Ribs.  Totally great flavor in the BBQ.  While the Ribs and Chicken were just a bit dry, the flavor made up for the moisture.  I liked the Kal Bi Short Ribs best as they had a ton of flavor and were a bit moist.  This was a GREAT meal with GREAT service which makes Proa Restaurant a TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITE!

PROA RESTAURNT

PROA RESTAURANT IN TAMUNING, GUAM
PROA RESTAURANT IS SMALL AND GETS VERY BUSY
PROA RESTAURANT LUNCH MENU
ESCARGOT IN GUAM?   HELL YES AND IT WAS FANTASTIC!
PROA STYLE BEGGARS PURSE
BEGGARS PURSE FILLED WITH FRESH AHI TUNA POKE
PROA SALMON
BBQ COMBINATION PLATE WITH RIBS, CHICKEN AND SHORT RIBS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback