NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Friday, February 8, 2019

SAM SATO'S - MAUI

SAM SATO'S
1750 WILI PA LOOP
WAILUKU, HI. 96793
HOURS:  Daily 7AM - 2PM / Closed Sunday
808-244-7124

Sam Sato's is somewhat of an institution on the Island of Maui.  It is a favorite of locals and one of the old school type eateries I remember Hawaii having many of back some 20-30 years ago.  Tucked away in an industrial/business area of Wailuku, you don't know what to expect when you see the building.  Is it an office, apartment building or home?  Make sure you get here early because there is always a wait.  When you enter the courtyard there is a yellow pad by the window.  You sign in your party name and number of people and sit back and relax in the Maui Sun.  A friendly gal will call your name when a table becomes available.  Once inside there are booths and tables with a cashier and small take out area.  The menu is pretty simple with Noodles and Plate Lunches.  I asked the waitress what the "go to" meal is and she quickly said Dry Noodles with Beef Sticks.  "Don't worry" she said "I take care of you".  After just a few minutes a huge bowl of Dry Noodles with Beef Sticks and a small bowl of broth was served.  I was not sure if the broth was to go over the noodles so I used the spoon and drank it like soup.  I saw a guy pour his broth over the noodles and this seemed to make since because the noodles are dry.  They are moist but needed something I thought.  I put some Hot Mustard in the noodles and "bam" kicked up the flavor and heat.  Beef Sticks were great.  I did not finish 1/4 of the noodles in the bowl.  Just too much for me.  Sam Sato's is the real deal when it comes to local cuisine in Maui.  Would not hesitate to return again.  Good stuff!

SAM SATO'S MAUI

SAM SATO'S IN MAUI
ENTRANCE
DON'T GO INSIDE.  SIGN THE YELLOW PAD FIRST AND THEY WILL CALL YOU BY NAME
OLD LOCAL CHARM

SAM SATO'S LUNCH MENU
SAM SATO'S BREAKFAST MENU
DRY NOODLES WITH BEEF STICKS
SAM SATO'S DRY NOODLES

2 comments:

  1. I love this place ❤️❤️ your Food is Amazing!!! Portuguese sausage and Spam Omlet.💯❤️ Food and Staff are so Awesome! Your cafe was seriously my Favorite place to eat!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments and feedback