NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Saturday, February 28, 2015

WAOLANI WINDOWS

WAOLANI WINDOWS
HONOLULU, HAWAII

WAOLANI WINDOWS
OAHU COUNTRY CLUB
150 COUNTRY CLUB ROAD
HONOLULU, HI  96817
808-595-6331

I told myself that I was not going to blog about Waolani Windows when we sat down for dinner there recently.  Just going to enjoy a nice dinner and keep my camera in my pocket I thought.  Well that all changed when our Sashimi Appetizer arrived.  It looked beautiful and my daughter pulled out her camera to take a photo.  Oh well I said "guess I'm blogging tonight"  The Sashimi presentation was beautiful with the eatable Gold Leaf and large slices of fresh Ahi, Hamachi and Avocado.  I loved the green line of Wasabi down the side of the plate.  Perfect way to slide the Sashimi across the line and pick up the flavor and heat of the Wasabi.  The Caesar Salad was huge.  Really enough for two people.  What put this Caesar over the top was the Poached Egg on top.  Bursting the egg over the fresh greens, parmesan and avocado added another depth of texture and flavor to the salad.  Absolutely delicious.  The salad includes some large pieces of really hard bread and Parmesan Crisps.  These were difficult to eat because of their size and hardness.  The Steamed Onaga with Lobster was amazingly good my Wife Said.  I had the Appetizer portion of the Fruits Di Mari which included a nice piece of Onaga too.  The fish was super fresh and flavorful.  Served with pieces of Lobster, King Crab, and Scallops in a Lobster Cream Sauce. Dish also included nice mushrooms and green peas that were a good contrast to the seafood.  Cannot believe this was on the menu as a Warm Appetizer as it served as a Entree for me.  Loved it!  My daughter went for the Kona Kampachi.  She did not say much but mowed most of it down and was quite happy.  My only complaint about Waolani Windows is that it is a private members only restaurant at Oahu Country Club.  Wish everyone could dine here and enjoy the outstanding food, service and view.  Great place to take the family, dine with friends, entertain clients or bring out of town guests.  Still think the food here is as good or better than most places in Honolulu.  
Click links below for more posts on Waolani Windows at Oahu Country Club;

FRESH ISLAND SASHIMI APPETIZER
CAESAR SALAD WITH POACHED EGG, SHAVED PARMESAN AND AVOCADO 
LOVED THE POACED EGG ON TOP AND GOOEY TEXTURE AND FLAVOR OF THE EGG YOLK
STEAM ONAGA WITH LOBSTER
FRUITS DI MARI WITH STEAMED ONAGA, LOBSTER, CRAB AND SCALLOPS
KONA KAMPACHI 
CHOCOLATE, PISTACHIO AND VANILLA ICE CREAM CAKE WITH OREO CRUST

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback