NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Saturday, July 21, 2018

BASALT

BASALT
DUKE'S LANE
2255 KUHIO AVE
HONOLULU, HI. 96815
808-923-5689
HOURS:  Daily 7:30 AM - 10:30 PM

What I liked about Basalt at Duke's Lane in Waikiki was the design, atmosphere and service.  What I didn't like is the food.  Don't get me wrong, the food was not bad but just not satisfying.  Could of been what I ordered.  Seared Ahi and Farro ($18).  First I was surprised to see just two small pieces of Ahi on the plate.  Second I was disappointed that the Ahi was covered in Furakake which is a Japanese Seaweed.  Problem with putting Furakake on Ahi is that it is all you taste.  The Furakake overpowers the fish and I could not stomach it.  Tried to cut off the ends seared with Furakake but then just ended up letting my Daughter eat it.  My Daughter had the Chowder and Greens ($12) and did not seem too impressed.  She did not finish the Chowder.  The Loco Moco ($14) with Wagyu Beef and two perfectly cooked eggs was a hit with my Wife.  She liked it.

BASALT

BASALT IN DUKE'S LANE WAIKIKI
DUKE'S LANE IS SMALL SHOPPING AREA WITH GROCERY STORE, RESTAURANT AND COFFEE 
BASALT IN DUKE'S LANE
LARGE WRAP AROUND BAR IN CENTER OF RESTAURANT
OPEN KITCHEN
BASALT BREAKFAST MENU

BASALT LUNCH MENU

CHOWDER AND GREENS
AHI WITH FARRO
LOCO MOCO WITH WAGYU BEEF
EGGS ADD TEXTURE, COLOR AND FLAVOR TO THE DISH


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback