NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

THE FISH HOPPER - KAILUA KONA





























THE FISH HOPPER
KAILUA KONA, HI

Boy am I glad my friend Doug suggested we meet at the Fish Hopper for lunch this week. With only one day in Kona on business, it was nice to have a great lunch before leaving the Big Island. The Fish Hopper is located right on the main drag in Kailua Kona just across from the ocean. The restaurant is all open air and staffed by a very courteous group of servers. We enjoyed a cup of Clam Chowder ($4.95) that was actually really good. It was a thick base filled with nice pieces of clams. Better than expected. I was blown away with my fish dish. Fresh Walu with Scallops ($16.95). While a bit expensive for lunch, the dish was prepared perfectly. The fish was fantastic and the scallops were cooked to perfection. They cut like butter. I really enjoyed the purple sweet potatoes with fresh corn and onion. This really complimented the dish and put it over the top. My friend enjoyed the Macadamia Nut Crusted Mahi Mahi ($14.95). Large pieces of fresh Mahi Mahi with a Mango/Papaya Relish. He said it was delicious. I really liked the Fish Hopper and cannot wait to return with a big appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback