NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Monday, April 18, 2011

SHRIMP AND CALAMARI PASTA

SHRIMP AND CALAMARI PASTA
DINNER AT HOME

When we saw frozen cleaned Calamari on sale at the market, I had to come up with a recipe to incorporate this into a dish.  Keli wanted pasta so I came up with a vegetable seafood combination that was actually pretty delicious.  I sauteed onion, bell pepper, carrots and celery in chopped garlic and olive oil until it was just slightly undercooked.  I then poured the vegetable mixture into a jar of Bertolli Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce so the vegetables could finish cooking in the sauce.  I have made my own pasta sauce for years and have also tried expensive restaurant brands in a jar.  There is no better jar sauce than Bertolli.  It really is good.  While the sauce heated, I sauteed Shrimp and Calamari in garlic and olive oil.  I made sure not to overcook the seafood because it was going right into the sauce with vegetables.  Everything warmed to perfection and then was tossed with spaghetti.  This dish exceeded my expectations and will be cooked again and again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback