NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Monday, July 4, 2011

JOSE'S MEXICAN RESTAURANT

JOSE'S MEXICAN RESTAURANT
HONOLULU, HAWAII

You can search this blog and see that I reviewed Jose's in 2008 and 2009.  Both good reviews.  This blog is no different.  I was craving tacos again after attending church on a Sunday.  As usual, we go back and forth on where to go and come to the conclusion that there are no good taco joints in Hawaii.  Most of the time we end up at Jose's and end up pretty happy.  Jose's is more of a sit down restaurant.  By no means a taco joint.  It has a small bar area and lots of comfortable booths and tables.  While I notice the place is lightly staffed with sometimes the bartender attending to all the tables, there has never been a long wait for food, the food is always hot and the service is really good.  My only complaint about Jose's is the prices.  As a former restaurant owner who understands food costs and overhead, I know that Jose's is doing what they have to do to make a profit and keep the doors open.  The first basket of chips and salsa is complimentary at Jose's.  $2.50 for each thereafter.  I gave away chips and salsa for free at my Cantina and if I did it again, I would charge after the first basket too.  Chips are warm and served with a really good salsa with just a hint of heat.  I always go for the 3 Tacos Ala Carte ($11.95).  I tried the Shredded Beef and Chicken.  Both were excellent.  Still one of my favorite tacos in Hawaii.  The Combination Plate with two selections is ($15.95).  My wife tried (1) Chicken Enchilada and (1) Shredded Beef Enchilada with Rice and Beans.  She loved the Chicken Enchilada that was covered in melting cheese, but did not care for the Red Sauce on the Shredded Beef Enchilada.  I tried both and preferred the Chicken for the same sauce reason.  My daughter loved her Kids Bean Burrito ($6.70).  She devoured the thing and said it was awesome.  Jose's rates high on my list of the Best Hawaii Mexican Restaurants.
Click links below for more posts on Jose's Mexican Restaurant;
http://greateatshawaii.blogspot.com/2013/01/joses-mexican-restaurant-and-cantina.html
http://greateatshawaii.blogspot.com/2012/04/joses-mexican-restaurant-kaimuki.html
http://greateatshawaii.blogspot.com/2009/09/joses-mexican-restaurant.html
http://greateatshawaii.blogspot.com/2008/03/joses-mexican-restaurant.html

GREAT CHIPS N' SALSA
3 TACOS ALA CARTE
(1) CHICKEN AND (1) BEEF ENCHILADA W/RICE AND BEANS
KIDS BEAN BURRITO WITH CHEESY TORTILLA CHIPS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback