NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

LA TAQUERIA DE RAMIRO

LA TAQUERIA DE RAMIRO
HONOLULU, HAWAII

I was working downtown this week with a rep from California.  We decided to get a quick lunch on Fort Street Mall across from Hawaii Pacific University.  We both saw a taco joint and said lets go.  La Taqueria De Ramiro serves up fast Mexican food at affordable prices.  I tried a carne asada taco and chicken tostada with beans and rice.  My friend had a beef burrito with beans and rice.  The carne asada taco was filled with Mexican rice and refried beans and a good bit of meat.  It was not what I expected and lacked flavor.  The tostada was large but the chicken tasted like it was just boiled in water with little or no seasoning.  The burrito was huge for around $6.  My friend loved it.  Not much here to make me want to return.  The people watching on Fort Street Mall was good.



1 comment:

  1. heading east on the north side after Hunauma Bay and coco head at the foot of some green and rainy mts is a little mexican food place named Bueno Nalo, it is run by a guy from New Zealand, has a wife and 4 or 5 kids (he told us). He growe his own spices I think he told us, it is unairconditioned like an old service station. He served up GREAT mexican food, and had no liquor liscence. I am from San Antonio, Texas and I know good mexican food! He is a very personable man too. We ate there 2 or 3 times and loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments and feedback