NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Saturday, January 24, 2015

MARCUS MARIOTA

MARCUS MARIOTA
HONOLULU, HAWAII

Forget everything you have heard on television or printed in papers and magazines about University of Oregon Quarterback and Heisman Trophy Winner Marcus Mariota.  All of the praise about his attitude, integrity, thoughtfulness and character have been falsely stated.  The true fact about Marcus is that he exceeds all of his praise by tenfold.  Never in my life have I met an athlete or celebrity with more class than Marcus Mariota.  He embodies the word "class" and is without a doubt one of the coolest guys I have ever stood next to.  I gotta tell you, Marcus is the real deal.  Positive, humble, caring and giving.  He was the first athlete in the room at the Polynesian Football Hall of Fame dinner when you would have think he would have been the last entering with an entourage.  Marcus rather entered with his family and quickly took up conversation with fans.  He posed for pictures and signed autographs calmly while always smiling.  I approached Marcus and told him that I appreciated his powerful words about family and Hawaii at the Heisman Trophy ceremony.  He looked me directly in the eyes, listened and than said "thank you".  May I take a photo Marcus I said.  Marcus with a huge smile said "sure" and he put his arms around my family for the photo.  There was not a single person interacting with Marcus that did not get the same attention, smile and focus.  Pretty amazing.
The Polynesian Football Hall of Fame recognizes football players with Polynesian ancestry.  The dinner was held at the Sheraton Waikiki Hotel and over 650 people attended.  The presentation and dinner were unbelievable.  The 2015 Inductees were Luther John Elliss, Mark Pulemau Tuinei, Russell Ross Francis, Manase Jesse Sapolu, Raymond Frederick Schoenke and Mosiula "Mosi" Faasuka Tatupu.  It was truly an honor to be among these football greats and the loving people of Polynesia.  This was another night when I got chicken skin and thanked the lord for living in Hawaii.  Truly blessed to live amongst and have friends from the Islands of Polynesia.  The people from Tonga and Samoa have been so good to me.  I love them.

HEISMAN TROPHY WINNER MARCUS MARIOTA
MARCUS SIGNED AUTOGRAPHS, TALKED TO EVERYONE AND POSED FOR PHOTOS







MARCUS MARIOTA SIGNED PROGRAM











POLYNESIAN FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME FOOTBALL SIGNED BY MARCUS MARIOTA
AND 2015 INDUCTEES

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback