NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Friday, February 26, 2010

SHABU SHABU HOUSE - HONOLULU, HAWAII






















SHABU SHABU HOUSE
HONOLULU, HI

One of my Pal's is addicted to the Shabu Shabu House on Kapiolani. He invited me to lunch and offered to pay so I went. The restaurant is clean and the waitress was efficient and nice. We ordered a mixed plate of thinly sliced beef, shrimp, tofu, noodles and vegetables. The meal came with a bowl of rice and lots of fresh cut green onions on the side. Each seat at the counter has its own bowl of boiling water. You place the food into the hot water and it cooks. The problem for me that the hot water has no flavor and the food comes out bland. There are three types of sauces on the table to help kick up the flavor. None really hit the button with me. The portion of beef and shrimp was big for lunch but so was the price. At $19.99 it is a bit too expensive for lunch and too much food for me. I piled on the sauces and still couldn't find that flavor that my friend so loved. I then piled on some salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Got a little better, but still did not hit it on taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback