NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Saturday, April 5, 2008

LA MARIANA SAILING CLUB

LA MARIANA SAILING CLUB
HONOLULU, HI

If you want to enjoy a piece of Hawaii history and the last of Hawaii's "Tiki" bars then La Mariana is a must place to visit.  Located on the Sand Island boat docks you would never know this place existed if someone didn't take you there.  It is hidden behind industrial buildings and looks like a dump from the outside.  As you walk down the pathway that leads to the restaurant you are transformed to the Hawaii of long ago.  A real life "Tiki" bar with fish nets, wooden tables and high back wicker chairs.  I have never enjoyed a cocktail here as we always visit for lunch.  I am told that the the bar is great for pupu's and drinks after work.  My lunch here usually is the fresh fish served cajun style with linguine.  It comes with veggies.  I normally order a side salad because their blue cheese dressing is my favorite.  My friend ordered the fresh seared ahi served with choice of rice or linguine.  He had the rice and said it was fantastic.  My other friend had a patty melt and salad.  I had the club sandwich and a salad.  The patty melt was great and served with a pile of fries.  My club was really good and filling.
La Mariana service is very good when it is not too busy.  I love the atmosphere at this place.  There should be more of these "Tiki" type bars in Hawaii.  They really bring back the old Hawaii.  Don't expect the food to be the best in the world.  It is good and consistent.  Not great.
I go back over and over again because it is good and close to my office.  Guests from out of town love the place and always thank me for bringing me there.  My thanks to Chris Richgels for picking up the tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback