NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Saturday, April 5, 2008

3660 ON THE RISE

3660 ON THE RISE
HONOLULU, HI

Located in a office building
in the quaint neighborhood of Kaimuki, 3660 is a good restaurant.  I have been there many times and liked it.  Mostly with business guests or good friends. My latest visit was nothing to write  home about.  We ordered the signature Ahi Katsu appetizer which was raw tuna wrapped in Nori and deep fried.  The Nori ruined the dish for me. After one piece, I really did not want to eat another.  The rice and veggies on the plate were all eaten before the Ahi was gone.  We all followed with the crab and corn chowder.  It was good but we all agreed the soup was very salty.  My guest ordered a tempura battered catfish.  It was heavily battered and placed in a bowl with ponzu sauce.  At $23 it was a mess.  The portion was large but not presented or prepared too well.  Both myself and another guest ordered the Land and Sea (Steak and Lobster).  At $45 you would be hoping for something great.  Lucky I was not buying this time.  Both are served sitting on the most tasteless mashed potatoes I have ever had.  Every time you cut a piece of steak or lobster the mashed potatoes squish all over the place.  My steak had no flavor.  The lobster portion was big, but very bland and rubbery.  I did not finish my steak or lobster.  Neither did my friend.  I am not in a hurry to take guests back to 3660.  For the price, there are other places I would rather entertain.  Thanks to Chris Richgels for picking up the tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback