NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Sunday, March 1, 2009

PIZZA MADNESS

PIZZA MADNESS
Kihei, Maui

When my friend on Maui told me the best pizza on the Island was located in the Maui Dive Shop in Kihei I was a bit surprised.  Turns out the owner of the dive shop wanted a place for him and his friends to enjoy a cold beer and pizza after work.  They built Pizza Madness and now you can eat pizza and buy diving gear in the same building.  We started with ice cold beers served in tall chilled glasses.  Fried Cheese sticks and pizza bread appetizers started our meal.  Then we ordered pizzas.  Beware the pizza's are huge here.  A medium is as big as many large at other places.  The pizza is good.  Thin crust with a nice sauce and all the toppings you are supposed to have at a pizza joint.  I asked for some hot sauce and the waitress brought me a small cup of Franks Hot Wing Sauce.  I placed this on my pizza and it was FANTASTIC.  When I told the waitress that the sauce really went well with the pizza she told me she had a customer that orders their pizza with the Franks sauce rather than the tomato sauce.  They may be onto something here.  We ordered three pizzas, two appetizers and beer for four guys.  The bill came to $150.  I think the pizza is very good.  Prices may be a bit high, but what the heck.  You are on Maui.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback